Waste not.... / Wie wat bewaart, die heeft wat

1:00:00 AM


In my first contribution to this page I want to adress use of materials. I don’t know how you do this, but I rarely buy fabric especially for making dolls clothes. Whenever I sew clothing for myself or one of my children, of course I try to lay the pattern onto the fabric as a thrifty as possible. Typically Dutch ! As a result, you end up with a piece of clothing and a piece of fabric, a shame to throw away. I’m sure I can make something out of that one time. Are you familiar with that feeling?

A bag full of scraps... or tons of dolls clothes waiting to be made

 Now, I have a nice big box in my closet filled with lots and lots of scraps of fabric. The party dress from the wedding, that cute shirt my son wore in kindergarten, the cute dress from my daughters first birthday, they go through my hands regularly. And: when it is finally turned into a dress or pants for the doll, it matches our own clothes. Nothing is more fun for a little girl.

Once there was a birthday dress, now there are shorts
Of course, there needs to be a tunic shirt too. Patterns E and H  from BD1614 Sunny Days
Being a true Dutch woman, it doesn’t end when the babydoll has been dressed, because even then a tiny scrap of fabric remains. I’m sure that can be turned into barbie clothes. Like my grandmother always said (freely translated): “Frugality and diligence built houses like castles “. But until then I have heaps of materials that are too good to throw away and thus lie around for years waiting to be used…


Lucky for me, now I can be a blogger for Wollyonline. I got out my stash of fabric and made the first dresses as an official blogger. As a bonus, I decided to start a blog of my own too, MariekeMadeThis.


Greetings, Marieke


Voor mijn eerste bijdrage aan deze pagina wilde ik het hebben over materiaalgebruik. Ik weet niet hoe het bij jullie gaat, maar ik koop eigenlijk zelden stofjes speciaal voor het maken van poppenkleren. Wanneer ik kleding naai voor mijzelf of een van de kinderen leg ik natuurlijk het patroon zo zuinig mogelijk op de stof. Een echte zuinige Nederlander! Het resultaat is dat er naast een kledingstuk ook een stuk stof overblijft, zonde om weg te gooien. Daar kun je vast nog wel een keer iets mee maken. Kent u dat gevoel?
Nu heb ik dus een mooie bak in de kast staan met allemaal kleine lapjes. De feestjurk van de bruiloft, het leuke overhemdje van de kleuterschool, dat schattige jurkje van de 1e verjaardag, ik heb ze allemaal nog regelmatig in mijn handen. 
Aan de achterkant van het tuniekje zit een mooie strik. Laat de zomer maar komen.
Jurk H en Korte broek E uit patroon Sunny Days BD1614

En als er dan een poppenjurkje of broekje van gemaakt is past dat bij de eigen kleding. Niets leuker dan dat als je een klein meisje bent. Het houdt ook niet op als er een babypoppen dingetje van gemaakt is, want dan hou ik een nog kleiner lapje over. daar past vast nog wel iets voor de barbie uit. Zoals oma altijd zei “zuinigheid met vlijt bouwt huizen als kastelen”. Maar tot die tijd heb ik wel een grote berg spullen die zonde zijn om weg te gooien en dus jarenlang op voorraad liggen…

Ook mijn kleine popje wilde wel een nieuwe zomerjurk. Dit is overgooier H uit patroon Summer Hearts BD1302

Gelukkig mocht ik blogger worden bij Wollyonline. De lapjes voorraad is tevoorschijn gehaald en de eerste jurkjes zijn gemaakt. Als bonus heb ik besloten ook een eigen blog te starten, MariekeMadeThis.

Groetjes, Marieke

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Fijn dat je jouw stofrestjes nuttig kan gebruiken ! Pop ziet er beeldig uit !

    ReplyDelete